The water level is usually about an inch above the top of the eggs. When the water starts to boil, move the pot away from the heat and put a cover on it for 12 minutes. Peel and enjoy perfectly hard boiled eggs.
How long does it take to boil a egg perfectly?
Place eggs in a medium pot and cover with cold water by 1 inch. Bring to a boil, then cover the pot and turn the heat off. Let the eggs cook, covered, for 9 to 12 minutes, depending on your desired done-ness (see photo).
How long do you boil an egg Reddit?
boil 4 minutes for soft-boiled eggs, 8 minutes for set-yolk with a little bit of runny goodness in the middle, and 10 minutes for hard-boiled. As soon as the time is up, take the entire pot, eggs and all, and run under lukewarm water, gradually decreasing temp to as cold as it comes.
How long boil eggs cold water?
How to boil an egg, step by step
- Bring your eggs to room temperature before boiling. If the eggs are too cold, the shells may crack during cooking.
- Place the eggs in a saucepan of cold water. Place the pan over medium heat. …
- Simmer the eggs for 4 minutes for soft-boiled eggs.
How do you know when boiled eggs are done?
Rule #1: Don’t just throw cold eggs into boiling water!
This allows for a gradual, even cook that equals the perfect hard-boiled egg. You’ll know that your egg is perfectly cooked if it has an opaque, yellow center. The yolk of an overcooked egg, on the other hand, will turn a greenish-gray color.
How do you boil the perfect egg Reddit?
The method I love the most is:
- Pour cold water in pot.
- Add eggs.
- Put pot on stove and wait until it simmers/boils.
- Turn off the heat and cover for 17 minutes.
- Drain and drown them in cold water.
How do you cook eggs Reddit?
Over Easy Eggs
- Crack open an egg on your lightly greased non- stick pan.
- Let the white cook almost all the way through.
- Gently flip your egg upside down in the pan, making sure to not break the yolk.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Slide off the pan and onto a plate. Enjoy!
How do you make boiled eggs better Reddit?
First off, stay away from Hard-boiled eggs.
- Put some salt in the water, this raises the boiling temp slightly.
- Heat it to a boil. The moment it starts to fully boil, shut off the heat completely.
- Cover the pot, let eggs sit for anywhere from 8-12 minutes depending on how you like them.
- Profit! or something.
How do you tell if an egg is boiled without breaking it?
The best way to tell if an egg is boiled without breaking it is by the spin test – on a flat surface give it a good spin – if it is hard boiled it will spin well and you will know it is ready.
Do you put the egg in before the water boils?
STEP 1: Carefully place uncooked eggs in a single layer in a stockpot. Add cold water until the eggs are submerged under about one inch of water. STEP 2: Bring to a full boil, uncovered. STEP 3: Immediately turn off heat, remove from the burner and cover.
Can you overcook hard-boiled eggs?
When it comes to boiling eggs, the biggest problem is that people can easily over-cook them, leading to a dark green color around the yolk, and a somewhat sulphuric taste.
Should you put boiled eggs in cold water?
Making hard-boiled eggs should always begin with cool water. Bringing the water and eggs up in temperature together helps promote even cooking and prevent cracking.